Questions on cherry creek exploration

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Sierra_Summits
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Questions on cherry creek exploration

Post by Sierra_Summits »

I have looked at some people blogs on this area but a lot of them use names like cherry bomb and flintstone camp which are not noted on any maps. I was hoping to hike up kibbie ridge or start at crabtree and explore the cherry creek drainages for 3 nights. is the hiking pretty straight forward or scrambling style from lord meadow down to the junction of west cherry creek this time of year. Cherry bomb canyon looks very constricted but was hoping to walk in the canyon due to low water. is that possible? thanks for any help. Also I was hoping to go up kibble ridge early in the am as it looks like a heat wave is on its way. I would start this trip on this thursday morning.

Thanks for any helpful hints on this area,
summits
"Heaven is here on Earth!"

--Bob Marley
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Questions on cherry creek exploration

Post by maverick »

Check out this thread, some info (pics) of the areas your interested in :) : http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,27875,37281
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Ashery
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Ashery »

The link to the pics, at least the one in the first post, is dead, :/
Sierra_Summits
Topix Acquainted

Post by Sierra_Summits »

Yeah. I'm finding that to be true of most blogs i find. Many do have photos but not much beta on difficult spots and route specifics. I am hoping to walk near the creek from lord meadow down to cherry bomb gorge. I was seeing if that is possible in low water. Cherry bomb canyon looks pretty restricted but I've only seen photos of it in high water. Looks like I'll try my best to put together some info on the area!

summits
"Heaven is here on Earth!"

--Bob Marley