Electronic Park Passes Starting 6/21

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Electronic Park Passes Starting 6/21

Post by maverick »

Yosemite NP:
Yosemite National Park announces the opportunity for park visitors to purchase their park entrance passes electronically through YourPassNow beginning on Thursday, June 21, 2018. Once visitors purchase and save their digital pass to their cell phone, or print and bring their purchased pass with them, Rangers will scan their pass at the entrance station. This convenient new service will give visitors the choice of purchasing a park pass in advance, or purchasing a pass in person at the park entrance station. This option is already available to visitors at several National Park Service sites across the country.

“We are pleased to offer this opportunity for visitors to purchase park passes at home or on their mobile devices,” stated Yosemite National Park Superintendent Michael Reynolds. “This exciting technology provides visitors with the option for buying their park entrance passes in advance while on the road or from home.”

YourPassNow provides an alternative to the traditional paper-based, in-person purchase method while simultaneously providing public lands with a tool to help manage the visitor experience. Using a computer or a personal device, visitors can purchase park entrance passes from yourpassnow.com at no additional cost. Once purchased, passes can be downloaded or stored to an electronic wallet for immediate and future use. Passes are also emailed for those that want to print their pass.

The following passes will be available on www.YourPassNow.com:

Private Vehicle ($35, valid one to seven days)
Motorcycle ($30, valid one to seven days)
Individual/Bicycle ($20, valid one to seven days)
Yosemite Annual Pass ($70 valid for one year from month of purchase)

It is NIC’s sincere pleasure to partner with Yosemite to offer visitors a new way to conveniently purchase park entrance passes,” said Robert Knapp, NIC Chief Operating Officer. "By offering a digital park pass, YourPassNow is helping enhance the visitor experience at one of our nation’s most treasured outdoor parks.”

Yosemite joins the following public lands currently providing electronic passes and permits through YourPassNow: Acadia, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Theodore Roosevelt, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, and Yellowstone National Parks; Castillo de San Marcos and Colorado National Monuments; Whiskeytown National Recreation Area; Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area; Wayne National Forest; and the Bureau of Land Management’s Lake Havasu Field Office.

About YourPassNow

Developed in cooperation with the National Park Service, YourPassNow makes it easy and convenient for visitors to purchase entrance passes and land access permits to public lands online. YourPassNow streamlines a paper-based purchase process that was previously only available at physical park locations or approved resellers. YourPassNow provides visitors a new level of recreation access to America’s public lands. For more information, please visit www.yourpassnow.com

About NIC Inc.

NIC Inc. (Nasdaq: EGOV) is the nation's premier provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing, which help make government interactions more accessible for everyone through technology. The family of NICcompanies has developed a library of more than 13,000 digital government services for more than 6,000 federal, state, and local government agencies. Among these solutions is the ground-breaking personal assistant for government, Gov2Go, delivering citizens personalized reminders and a single platform for all government interactions. More information is available at www.egov.com.

About the National Park Service

More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America's 417 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Visit us at www.nps.gov.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/learn/news/yos ... 1-2018.htm
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Electronic Park Passes Starting 6/21

Post by SNOOOOW »

If I get my electronic pass can I still stop at the entrance station and ask questions like "What are the operating hours of the waterfalls?" and "Where am I?" and "What is the WiFi password?" ?
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

Great idea in this age of phone tech.
SNOOOOW wrote:If I get my electronic pass can I still stop at the entrance station and ask questions like "What are the operating hours of the waterfalls?" and "Where am I?" and "What is the WiFi password?" ?
:lol:
Would be helpful if they had 2 lines: Like full service and 2 questions or less like the supermarkets. People in the 2 questions or less would still just say "I only have 3 questions but 2 are on waterfalls so they count as 2!"
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

What about having a totally electronic, like the FastTrak lanes on toll bridges? Or at least self scanning lane.

How is this any different than what I now do with my Golden Age pass? I show it, they scan it, I go in.