Trip Report Woodchuck Country and Tunemah 6-18

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
robertseeburger
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Trip Report Woodchuck Country and Tunemah 6-18

Post by robertseeburger »

Resurrecting at the request of an HST member.
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Thank you, Thank you! Robert, that was a great trip indeed, with all the beauty and challenges. I am in awe of your original plan-- both the short 7 day stint to do so much, and then the ambitious, and attempted route down, down into Simpson Meadow/Tehipite, and all the way back UP and around. I requested that you resurrect this TR because, like Daisy, Michael and I felt that the land had a sadly parched feeling this dry year. I really enjoy the alpine feeling that so much snow gives early in the season. You make a very good point that "early season" is now the proverbial moveable feast., ie., when will it occur from year to year. You say that in a big snow year it can come in late August! And you just missed a really huge snow year-- 2016-17, yet still had a nice amount.

Anyhow, we sure enjoyed the reading, and seeing the photos of your great trip. Thanks for finding it for us. Cheers, Ian and Lizzie, et. al.

p.s. michaelzim, you should read this trip too, as you are one to commiserate with poor Robert as he was thrashing through that same long lost trail that you experienced last year.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

I'm sure glad this got resurrected. What a great trip with great report and photos.
Thanks.