Old Topo Maps of CA

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
John Harper
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Old Topo Maps of CA

Post by John Harper »

I was just up in Idaho and a friend gave me a huge roll of CA topo maps, most of them dated 1950s to 1960s. I have not gone through all of them but I see Mt. Whitney, Big Pine, etc. Not sure if anyone is interested in a particular area for sentimental reasons, but I can look through them and see what I have. Condition on them looks fair, they could easily be framed if you have a special place in CA!

John
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Old Topo Maps of CA

Post by TahoeJeff »

John, are they USGS 7.5' or 15' maps?
Regardless, if you have any of the South Tahoe area, I'd happily pay you for them.
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

They could only be 15' topos. My tall 15' pile just collects dust as newer 7.5' maps show much better detail and more current trail/boundary info. Note all those maps are probably still available in the USGS Menlo Park shelves.
John Harper
Topix Expert

Post by John Harper »

TahoeJeff wrote:John, are they USGS 7.5' or 15' maps?
Regardless, if you have any of the South Tahoe area, I'd happily pay you for them.
It appears they are from Mammoth area south.

John
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TahoeJeff »

Thx for the offer anyway!
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman