Meysan lakes peak bagging ?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Meysan lakes peak bagging ?

Post by overheadx2 »

I am headed up to Meysan lakes basin next weekend for an quick weekend trip. The plan was to base camp at one of the lakes (possibly Peanut lake since it seems to be off trail and under used) and then do a day hike to one of the peaks. I was curious if some one could recommend one. While Ive hiked a lot and have done quite a bit of off trail hiking, I have never hiked peaks. I'm looking for something pretty simple and straight forward to get my feet wet. I was thinking of just going up to Candle light peak for the Whitney views or possibly doing Irvine if it doesn't look over whelming. I have secors book and plan on checking that, but thought I might get some intel here. thanks, Phil
Willythedog
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Meysan lakes peak bagging ?

Post by Willythedog »

Lone Pine peak from Meysan lakes would be an option. Simple class 2 right from around where Peanut lake is. Kinda loose scramble up but he views are pretty dope