Sierra Nevada "bucket list"

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Npike
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Sierra Nevada "bucket list"

Post by Npike »

I realize there is A LOT of experience in this group in regards to the number of places you all have been to in the Sierra Nevada. With that being said, where are some places that you haven’t been that are on your short list of places to visit? I would imagine you all have at least a couple places that are still out there calling your name. Some of mine include seeing all the JMT (not necessarily as a thru hike, but seeing it in sections), Darwin Bench as part of a drop into evolution basin, spending an extended period in Dusy Basin, Pioneer basin. I have a feeling this list will increase with any responses to this! So, what areas/ trails are in your long-term plans?
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sierra Nevada "bucket list"

Post by maiathebee »

I finally got a bucket list item done this summer, and that was Muir Pass. Somehow in all my trips I've never been over it!

Places that are currently on the list are Center Basin, Palisades Basin, and Bear Lakes Basin.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Sierra Nevada "bucket list"

Post by balzaccom »

Tehepite Valley. Not to be undertaken lightly.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963