Post labor day help: Lamarck or Sabrina TH?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sandiegonate
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post labor day help: Lamarck or Sabrina TH?

Post by sandiegonate »

Howdy folks. Have permits for Lamarck Lakes th with the intention of doing the south lake loop via lamarck col. But our guy with the 2nd car backed out and the other 2 are less and less enthusiastic about packing up and backpacking every day(1 of them is 67). Is there enough to do in the lamarck/wonder lakes area for 4days/3 nights? Or would our time be better spent going up to moonlight or midnight lake and do a couple day hikes exploring the Sabrina basin? I'd say we are level 3 backpackers with quite a few xc and boulder scrambling experiences not interested in fishing, just looking for the best scenery and solitude combo. Thanks!
tie
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Post labor day help: Lamarck or Sabrina TH?

Post by tie »

I prefer Sabrina for scenery. But so does everyone else; it will be more crowded.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Post labor day help: Lamarck or Sabrina TH?

Post by maverick »

Sabrina Lake, but not a lot of solitude, unless you make the effort to camp away from the popular locations.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org