America the Beautiful Senior Pass

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

America the Beautiful Senior Pass

Post by longri »

With a regular America the Beautiful pass there's a place on the back for two signatures. This allows it to be shared by two people, by spouses for example, who are usually together but sometimes on their own.

But is the same true for 62 years and older lifetime Senior version of the pass? Can two people sign the back and thus share it? And if so, could the non-buying person actually be younger than 62?

I'm guessing the answers are no, no, and hence no. But I couldn't find any definitive information about this online (probably due to poor googling skills). So what's the answer?
paula53
Topix Regular

Re: America the Beautiful Senior Pass

Post by paula53 »

That is a good question. I have been pondering this also. Does anyone know?
RSC
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by RSC »

There's no space on the back of mine for two signatures. This is the lifetime pass that I got a few years ago when the cost was $10, and the card could have changed.
Eiprahs
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by Eiprahs »

No space on ours for two signatures. You are supposed to present your ID with the Senior Pass so it seems to be for the individual only.

We both got ours when we turned 62, which for my wife was last year.

Quite the deal for the money.
Dave
Tom_H
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Tom_H »

Ours only have a place for 1 signature. They were $10 and we each got one.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Everyone needs their own if they want to get into the parks alone. As the driver, you present your card with ID, but then the others in your car also get in. At campgrounds, you only need to write the card number on the campground check-in form. I have never had a camp host ask to see the cart itself or show ID. I have a copy of the card (or just put a photo of the card on your phone) because if you loose the original card you have to apply for a new one. I carry the card itself when I have my wallet handy; I carry the copy when I backpack.

For couples ALWAYS traveling together, only one really needs the card. But for the small cost, I think it is worth it for each person to get their own.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Will be using mine tomorrow enroute on SR120 to Saddlebag. Rarely do those at station kiosks do any more than wave me by quickly if also holding up my driver's license.

Expect to spend a couple nights below North Peak. Windy dot com showing fair weather with reasonably calm mornings this week for lake reflections. Dwarf bilberry and arctic willow should be peaking while the holiday visitors gone and kids back to school.