TR: Loop from Glaceir Point 6/4 - 6/9

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Loop from Glaceir Point 6/4 - 6/9

Post by wildhiker »

Nice photos! Looks like the north rim along Yosemite Creek is pretty much free of snow. And your photo from back at Glacier Point even shows the rainbow in the mist at the base of Vernal Falls. Nice!
-Phil
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

Pics of Yosemite never get old.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by hikerchick395 »

Beautiful! I especially like how "fluffy" Bridalveil Falls looks from Stanford Point. I was considering dayhiking up there this year, but it didn't happen. I was camping in the valley June 3-8. The campgrounds were surprisingly not full as folks must've cancelled because of the weather. The only night it looked like sites were all occupied was Friday.

My Tuesday was hiking to the base of Ribbon Falls and getting soaked. I could only use a cell phone for photos because it was so wet. Here was the realization that I am not in very good shape to hike. I also went up rockslides a way and encountered a couple of bears. Views were a bit smoky.

I went down the Panorama trail from Glacier Point the day after you. Any trees that you may've encountered across the trail were cut on Wednesday. My hike was just to go to Illilouette Falls for photos and back up the GP. Yes the traffic was backed up by the time I got back... And parking at Sentinel Dome...forget about it.

Thursday morning was the only day, so far, that the Merced got to flood stage. Luckily I got up early to get photos. Later I rode my bike through the receded water.