TR Misc East Side Lakes 6-24 to 6/29

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
steiny98
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR Misc East Side Lakes 6-24 to 6/29

Post by steiny98 »

Thanks for the report! I have had good luck fishing a size 12-16 red chironomid pattern in some of the Sierra lakes as a dropper below a dry. Looks similar to what that fish was eating.
fish4gold
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by fish4gold »

Thanks for the great report!!!!!
robertseeburger
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by robertseeburger »

For Dougieb.. nice video. I swear I see the EXACT clouds in your video that I saw!!

Steiny98... thanks for the fly tips. Gary did catch one on a similar pattern, used as a dropper off of a bigger fly. I tried one as well with no results.
I think orange may be better than red.

Wanderyingdaisy.. no I didn't go up Mcgee Canyon. No stream crossings of any worry on the trip we did. Although I specifically designed it so that there would not be any real difficult crossings. I was stunned at the sheer volume of water I saw in streams in the wanders though. Particularly in the runoffs around Sonora Pass driving over.

SSSdave... I could tell that that lake is popular. I didn't know that going in, but it saw a lot of day fisherman.. A couple of people told me that it had nice brookies and browns...