Mokelumne Wilderness X-country

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
alc101ma
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Mokelumne Wilderness X-country

Post by alc101ma »

TahoeJeff wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm Do any fishing at Granite?
Was thinking of posting a full report in the fishing section... but yes, I fished Granite hard for 4-5 hours in the afternoon. Got 1 very small (~10") fish that I let self-release so did not get a positive ID. Possibly a rainbow or cut. Saw a couple other small followers. Fished about 30 min the following morning and ended up losing 4 Kastmasters so figured that was a sign to try other waters :) I did get a chunky LCT at Evergreen that was in the 12-14" range. I pulled out old line, lures, and tackle at both locations.
Hiking and camping in the Bay Area and up the Pacific coast. Backpacking in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Catching backcountry trout. I write articles, stories, guides, and how to's for exploring the outdoors. http://www.loveto.camp
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Mokelumne Wilderness X-country

Post by TahoeJeff »

Granite can be hit or miss. I think I've only caught gold and cuts out of there.
Thanks for hauling out the OPG (Others People's Garbage).
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman