Logistics Questions -Hiker Bus from Tuolumne to white Wolf

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
davidsheridan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Logistics Questions -Hiker Bus from Tuolumne to white Wolf

Post by davidsheridan »

Dear HST,

Does anybody know if the Yosemite to Tuolumne Hiker Bus will be operating on Monday 9/16? The website has a schedule through 9/15.

Also, can you pickup and pay for the shuttle at Tuolumne Meadows store, or do you need to reserve in advance?

Any issues with getting to White Wolf?

Looking to do the Grand Canyon of Tulomne from White Wolf to Tuolumne Meadows.

Any other logistical recommendations to pull it off without the Yosemite to Tuolumne Hiker Bus?

Thanks for your time and expertise!
acorad
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Logistics Questions -Hiker Bus from Tuolumne to white Wolf

Post by acorad »

Dunno about the hiker bus but I believe the YARTS bus will go to WW if you tell the driver that you want to stop there.

Andy
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

TM to WW might be the easiest hitch hike ever. Maybe second only to the trip from Whitney Portal to 395.

It also doesn't seem like that bad of a bike shuttle. I've chained up a bike in other spots and used it to kill off some road miles at the end of a loop, but not in Yosemite.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Dave_Ayers »

I don't know if the bus will still be running or not after 9/15. I suggest you call them (888.413.8869). But I can tell you that both the Hiker's Bus and YARTS stop at White Wolf. Those are regular stops, not request only stops. I stopped there on YARTS a few weeks ago. You can pay the driver when you board. The White Wolf gate was open as of yesterday. If it is open, they drive in to the campground. If it is not open, they stop at the gate.
davidsheridan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by davidsheridan »

Thanks all. Looks like Yarts or a hitch are two good options. I appreciate your help!