Really Delayed Press Release for Thunder Pass/Col Trip

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Really Delayed Press Release for Thunder Pass/Col Trip

Post by sekihiker »

I ran across a "press release" which I meant to share years ago, which you can find at: http://www.sierrahiker.com/ThunderCol/Madonna.html

It was written for the sole purpose of your entertainment with the hope that it will brighten your holiday season.

The bruise was sustained north of Thunder Col/Pass [http://www.sierrahiker.com/ThunderCol/index.html] and may have colored my mood for the rest of that trip. In fact, now that I think of it, the injury probably caused my over the top assessment of the ascent of Thunder Pass/Col which can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oRf4xXJpM

Maybe this belongs in the Campfire section, but I'm posting it here because I hardly ever visit the Campfire. Then again maybe it doesn't belong on the forum at all.
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Really Delayed Press Release for Thunder Pass/Col Trip

Post by Lumbergh21 »

Nice report. Impressive off trail hiking.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I've always enjoyed your outstanding trip reports Bill, and I sure recall that ThunderCol report. Just the photo of the stairs up to Sphinx brings back so many memories (perversely, I always enjoyed the trek up or down those stairs).

The delayed press report was fun to read, but probably not much fun when it occurred. My foggy memory, which is often wrong, seems to recall you sustained another injury while hiking with a buddy, but its been too long for me to recall which trip?
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

Shawn wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:07 am I've always enjoyed your outstanding trip reports Bill, and I sure recall that ThunderCol report. Just the photo of the stairs up to Sphinx brings back so many memories (perversely, I always enjoyed the trek up or down those stairs).

The delayed press report was fun to read, but probably not much fun when it occurred. My foggy memory, which is often wrong, seems to recall you sustained another injury while hiking with a buddy, but its been too long for me to recall which trip?
Thanks for the kind words, Shawn. I may have sustained other injuries, but I can't remember them anymore.