Your favorite mountain scene...

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

No, it is Columbine. Cyclamen is actually real small. In fact, you can see it at the left edge of one of Shawn's pics above. Those are great, that is such a spectacular area. Ampitheatre Lake is a hazardous downclimb from the ridge above Monarch, but doable.

Snownymph, you'll have to host the pics somewhere other than webshots. Those are great!
Ratboy
Topix Regular

Post by Ratboy »

Cannot resist, here are some of my personal favorites...I am sure you all know the sights.

Last edited by Ratboy on Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dave - Getting it done, one day at at time.
http://www.dnkrhodes.com
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

VERY nice images, Ratboy! I recognize all these places and you've captured them well.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

SSSdave wrote:Standing on the shore of the little southeast turfy meadow of Ediza Lake about 8:30am one has the pick of either Ritter Banner or The Minarets:

...David
I've seen many pictures of Banner on the web. Although I've never been there (hope to some day), this has got to be one of my favorites.
Ratboy
Topix Regular

Post by Ratboy »

The coolest thing about this site, or one of the many cool things, are that several forums, though different in content, each offer a similar experience...that is to reflect on the years travels and enjoy the memories of each trip and when each photo was taken. Putting the photos up of the trips taken gives me an opportunity to pause, reflect, smile and share quality memories of the past year's travels into the mountains, or as I affectionally call them, church - going backpacking for me is going to church. I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have had this year to do at least one trip per month from June - December 2005. It is a trend that I hope to continue; perhaps to the extremes as some, perhaps some adventures will be more local, nonetheless, as Bob R. quotes John Muir - the mountains are calling.....I am glad if anyone gets the same feelings as I do from the trips, photos and the overall experience.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Nice pics Ratboy! I recognize only a few of them. Can't wait to get back on the trail...
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Bubbs Creek just below Forester Pass

Precipice Lake

Guitar Lake and the Kaweahs

Darwin Canyon from Lamarck Col
Ratboy
Topix Regular

Post by Ratboy »

You da' man...too sweet.