Convict Creek and Rock Creek Backpacks

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Convict Creek and Rock Creek Backpacks

Post by SSSdave »

After 3 weeks of post processing and html coding work, have completed adding 3 pages to my 2020_Trip Chronicles page at my web site. My past 6 years of chronicles pages will help recalling image and trip details when I begin exhibiting with large 8k UHD displays:

https://www.davidsenesac.com/index.html

That sub page is on a link at upper right accessing this 2020 Chronicles index page of:

https://www.davidsenesac.com/2020_Trip_ ... les-0.html

The new pages of 4, 5, 6 access my 6 day Convict Creek backpack, intervening road trip, and 4 day Rock Creek backpack pages that were shot in late July through early August.

The image at thread top is a downsized to 952 pixel wide version of the 12100 by 6000 pixel focus stack 5 column stitch blend full image from my Convict Creek trip. The otherworldly Paleozoic Era geology was used in the Star Trek Insurrection movie. I did work wildflowers on the same trip with the below one with Pierson's paintbrush and little elephant's head on lush turf. Lots more to return to as the thunderstorms every afternoon put a dent in my work plus a loose glass element in my 30mm F1.4 DN DC lens wasted some shots. After I sent the lens into Sigma service in New York, they promptly sent me a brand new lens that I've already tested as tact sharp.

From my intervening 3 day road trip, a single frame shot of Mono Lake at dawn with seagulls feeding on shrimp

The below image shows part of the rugged skyline of 13k peaks on the west side of Rock Creek Canyon a 952 pixel wide downsized version from a 17800 by 6000 pixel focus stack 6 column stitch blend with 17800 by 6000 pixels, shows peak 13268, 13600+ foot Mt Dade, 13704 foot Mt Abbott, and 12920+ foot Treasure Pk. Before the shot that was from above Morgan Pass, I actually had a rare sighting of a curious pine marten from just a few feet.:

To appreciate the amount of detail in the above image even with a 50% downsize, see this crop where I talk about what I call Treasure Notch that one needs to climb up through into order to reach Treasure lakes from Gem Lakes.

https://www.davidsenesac.com/2020_Trip_ ... .html#aug4
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Convict Creek and Rock Creek Backpacks

Post by kpeter »

I enjoyed your report and especially your images, Dave. I especially liked the pinemat, but also the image with the moss and flowers near the beginning of your trip. And the columbine was truly vivid.