TEETH STRAIGHTENER FOUND at LOWER VIDETTE LAKE; BUBBS CREEK to Deerhorn TR

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
seanr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TEETH STRAIGHTENER FOUND at LOWER VIDETTE LAKE; BUBBS CREEK to Deerhorn TR

Post by seanr »

FOUND: TEETH STRAIGHTENER at LOWER VIDETTE LAKE; BUBBS CREEK to Deerhorn TR-->
While dropping moisture far to the northwest, the fickle autumn storm front provided a river of clean air in Kings Canyon National Park, inviting a long hike up Bubbs Creek amidst fall scenery. I was rewarded with far reaching views on a side trip to a bit of top notch alpine scrambling near the dramatic Kings-Kern Divide. I finished with a lake swim and a long walk out, entertained while talking with a few bears. Album--> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yb74PEHBVCjq6fMX6
TurboHike
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TEETH STRAIGHTENER FOUND at LOWER VIDETTE LAKE; BUBBS CREEK to Deerhorn TR

Post by TurboHike »

Thanks for posting. I like your video from the summit, it shows Deerhorn saddle, Harrison Pass, and Lake South America! Very cool.
seanr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TEETH STRAIGHTENER FOUND at LOWER VIDETTE LAKE; BUBBS CREEK to Deerhorn TR

Post by seanr »

TurboHike wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:51 pm Thanks for posting. I like your video from the summit, it shows Deerhorn saddle, Harrison Pass, and Lake South America! Very cool.
Thanks! Yeah the views had me dreaming of all kinds of places to return to before season's end, especially along the GWD, and KKD, but smoke sent me slightly north this past weekend. Dark, cold, and smoke may keep me dreaming until next year.