TR- Cherry Creeks, Emigrant Wilderness: Granite, Lakes, Birds, Dogs, and Blue Skies! Oct. 10-8 to 10-13-2020

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR- Cherry Creeks, Emigrant Wilderness: Granite, Lakes, Birds, Dogs, and Blue Skies! Oct. 10-8 to 10-13-2020

Post by CAMERONM »

Yes, I got carried away at Bench Lake, stayed in five minutes, and shivered violently afterwards for almost two hours. Perhaps I even learned a lesson. But we visited Emigrant August 16-19 this year and man it was hotter than hell. We estimated that most of the lakes were around 76F and even my wimpie friends could not wait to jump in with me every time we hit a new lake.
Anyhow your report is wonderful and makes me all the more certain that an extensive longer Emigrant trip is on the books for next year. I love the dogs-in-silhouette shot.
Love the Sierra
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR- Cherry Creeks, Emigrant Wilderness: Granite, Lakes, Birds, Dogs, and Blue Skies! Oct. 10-8 to 10-13-2020

Post by Love the Sierra »

Ian, I am heading to Emigrant with my daughter in a few days so I wanted to check out a few TR’S for ideas. That is how I always go, lots of maps and few plans. I fear this year we may be foiled by very high water and flooded lakes.
However, my daughter begged me “Please, can’t we stay on trail for this trip?” I said we’ll see and it depends upon where we want to go and conditions. :)