Let's Help A Fellow HST Member Out

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Let's Help A Fellow HST Member Out

Post by maverick »

Thank you very much to everyone who has donated so far; we are almost at $5000.
It is heartwarming to see people step up in the time of need, especially in difficult times as these.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

FC613C86-3BC7-4276-8C54-AC7D30326135.jpeg
8FD3756D-ADB6-4BBE-9C56-AAFEF76AAB45.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
egull
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by egull »

So sorry to hear this.

We went through the Oakland Hills fire 30 years ago. My toolbox looked like yours. The tools were Craftsman and they (Sears at the time) replaced them all, no questions asked.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

Alot are Craftsman but sounds like they aren't so good about that anymore!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

Fixed :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you for everyone's generous donation; we have now exceeded the $10,000 mark. :) =D> \:D/ :partyman:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

Thank you and everyone so much, it has help immensely! This is one of the toughest events I have had to deal with in my life, never really knew how much emotions can just drain you completely, the physical work I can handle the emotional not so much!
Thanks again to everyone!
kristine
need to at least go on a big day hike soon to clear my head!
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by cgundersen »

Hi Mav,
I realized you passed this amazing benchmark while I was out wondering were all the smoke was coming from in southeastern Yosemite. Fabulous job and what a fantastic response from the HST gang! Cameron
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

Kristine/Gazelle,

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it is like to deal with a disaster like this. I don't have much disposable cash but lunch/dinner is on the house on us, your new neighbors down the 395 @ Coachwhip Cafe. Love to meet and say hi. Stop by! I'll send you a pm as well. Hope you are doing well.
JosiahSpurr
Topix Regular

Post by JosiahSpurr »

Kristine/Gazelle,

How you've been?

-Josiah