Lamarck Lakes area

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bruce Goodman
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Lamarck Lakes area

Post by Bruce Goodman »

This probably isn't the correct forum for this question but I finally found the "New topic" button so here goes:
Is anyone familiar with the basin near Lower Lamarck Lake? I remember reading a trip report some years ago and I'd like to refresh my memory for a possible late summer/early autumn trip. Thanks in advance.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: Lamarck Lakes area

Post by giantbrookie »

This is indeed the appropriate forum. A question I have is which basin near Lower Lamarck Lake? It is the Wonder Lakes basin? I haven't been there but I seem to recall at least one post on Topix that described the Wonder Lakes.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C-level
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Lamarck Lakes area

Post by C-level »

I believe giantbrookie is correct. The wonder lakes basin? An inlet at Lower lamarck lake is the gateway to wonder lakes. There are over a dozen lakes up the valley and have to think alot of this area is untouched.