Vogelsang beta

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mkbgdns
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Vogelsang beta

Post by mkbgdns »

sending my daughters there next week--wondering if there is flowing water at inlet (from townsley) or outlet of fletcher lake, or outlet of vogelsang lake. thanks.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Vogelsang beta

Post by rlown »

If there is water in the lakes, does inlet and outlet flow matter?
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

to me, yes. upstream from inlet, downstream from outlet, oxygenation unfriendly to bad guys. moving water preferable to still water.
Last edited by mkbgdns on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

called a filter. Are you against them?
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

no. an n95 mask only stops 95% of particles, any filter isn't 100%. why are we having this discussion about my request for beta about moving water? I'd recommend filtering moving, rather than still water. do you know the critical dose for various pathogens?
Last edited by mkbgdns on Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

water filter. kind of slow on the uptake there. Given the crap that is in the water at this point from the smoke, a water filter seems appropriate.
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

look, no need to get personal here. I was using a mask which is the standard for safety to illustrate that no filters are perfect. even water filters.

so--I asked for information about moving water, and prefer to filter moving water. fully intend to recommend filtration.

why the condescending responses? simple question.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Wasn't intended to be condescending. I didn't understand the interjection of a N95 mask.
My concern was about what is in the water at this point up there. Have you seen the pictures in the news on what is floating in off of Tahoe?
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

look, I've been backpacking for 50 years, my daughters each for 20+, nobody's talking about no filter. there're not going to Tahoe. I asked about water in motion. I don't understand your jumping to conclusions. my reference to the N95 was unfortunate, and I get your misunderstanding. but I'd recommend social distancing with strangers, even wearing an N95, like I'd recommend filtering water taken from a stream rather than from a lake. and certainly not from Lake Tahoe.

I fear that your deciding who I am based on a simple question will put others off from answering my question. I hope not.

lots of loose anger floating around...
mkbgdns
Topix Regular

Post by mkbgdns »

so, does anyone know if there is water flowing from the inlet or the outlet of Fletcher Lake?