More on the Red Mountain Basin

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: More on the Red Mountain Basin

Post by sekihiker »

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time to see the Red Mountain Basin getting coverage. I love the area and don't want to see it over-run. Finding this nine year old report shows the value of the HST archives.
Looking at the "similar topics" at the bottom of the page can be dangerous and cost up to several hours. I know because I got sidetracked in the Kaweah Basin archives this afternoon. It was well worth it.
try
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: More on the Red Mountain Basin

Post by try »

I spent a day and night at Post Corral in August, 2010. I was on my way to Hell For Sure Lake and got sick near Post Corral, so took a early lay over day to decide whether to go on or go back. I had a young deer spend the entire day in and around my camp site. I felt that I had a pal to keep me company. Wonder if it was the same deer that you had?
Really enjoyed your report and pics. I am now 84 years young, so my back packing is done on line. Thanks for taking the time to post your report.