Conditions in Seki?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Conditions in Seki?

Post by copeg »

Has anyone been up into the high country of sequoia recently? I am thinking of heading up toward Tableland in a week or so. I know a few storms have moved through in the last few weeks (and perhaps another early this coming week) but don't know how much snow has fallen - if any...will I need skis or snowsoes higher up?
Thanks in advance for any info...
Skibum
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Skibum »

I dayhiked from Pear Lake to the south end of the Tablelands overlooking Moose Lake 2 weeks ago and it was free of snow. But, after this coming storm that's going to change. Forecasts predict snow accumulations possibly up to 15-19 " above 9500 ft.
copeg
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Skibum wrote:I dayhiked from Pear Lake to the south end of the Tablelands overlooking Moose Lake 2 weeks ago and it was free of snow. But, after this coming storm that's going to change. Forecasts predict snow accumulations possibly up to 15-19 " above 9500 ft.
Thanks for the report skibum. I figured there wasn't much snow if any - but am watching this storm closely.