Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by maverick »

Hello Bulaklakan, Renotrailrunr, and Fink18,

Welcome to HST! Thanks for the wonderful intro's, and looking forward to your future TR's. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
vwphibs
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by vwphibs »

Hi, I'm Debbie I live in the Bay Area and joined this site about 5yrs ago. I've been lurking off and on over that time. I figured it's time to actually go on an overnight hiking trip. I usually drive out to Bridgeport/ Lee Vining area with my pups and do a day hike or some off-roading esp during the fall season. Thank you for this forum/ site! I look forward to posting my first trip report soon!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Vwphibs,

Welcome to HST! Looking forward to your TR. :)

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
natemoylan
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by natemoylan »

Howdy Folks,

The name is Nate and i'm new to HST even though I've stumbled upon the forum many times. I've lived around the Sierra my whole life but now located in the Tahoe area. I love backpacking and I love fly fishing. Mix both of them together and I'm a happy guy. I was introduced to Golden trout fishing 3 summers ago and now I've got the fever. Always stoked to get into the high country. I'll try and pull off around 5 or 6 trips a summer when work allows. Stoked to see everyone's adventures and stoked to share mine as well.

Cheers
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Natemolyan,

Welcome to HST! :-)

puckman16
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by puckman16 »

Finally joined HST after using it for recon several times over the past few years.

My wife and I live in San Diego and are avid day hikers. We usually hit the mid-teens in mileage on a day hike, most of our friends refer to it as the death march. Our 1st backpacking experience was a 2 night out and back to Hamilton Lake in 2012. We were definitely rookies, with packs over 40 lbs. but we loved it. Every year we've averaged about 1 trip a year; a 2 night to Glen Aulin & the Waterwheels, a 1 night (down from 2 due to altitude issues & weather) to Mosquito Lakes, a 2 night along East Inset in Rocky Mountain NP, and a 1 night to Sahale Glacier Camp in North Cascades NP. By the end we gained useful experience, and our pack weight is thankfully down in the mid 20s. Last year we decided we wanted to get out more so we made plans for several trips including finally getting permits to do the High Sierra Trail. Unfortunately plans got cancelled as one of our dogs and then one of our cats had ultimately unsuccessful battles with lymphoma.

Finally getting back out this coming week as we have a 3 night trip through the Tablelands planned. Our first XC experience but after spending a week this summer doing XC day hikes in Denali we're excited for it. Hoping to be on here often as we look to replan our High Sierra Trail trek for next year along with some other shorter trips.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Puckman16,

Welcome to HST! :)

c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

Hi, I'm C9. I suppose you can call me Sam, but no one I know from the internet does.

I have a blog no one but my mom reads, where I sometimes write about hiking.

Mr. Burd, Mr. Scaruffi, and Mr. Pantilat are responsible for sending me on many death marches through the Sierra. But that's probably not an uncommon story :)

See you 'round.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Welcome aboard, "Adrenalin." :)

We look forward to your reports.
SuKi
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by SuKi »

Hey guys,

I'm Suki and a day hiker and car camper. I'm ready to get into back packing. I currently live in san diego, although on a deployment right now in the Mediterranean, US Navy. I'm getting some decent day hikes in some countries I wouldn't normally, but also planning my first backpacking trip, a few weeks in the high Sierra this coming summer with a few weekenders leading up to it. My hiking partner is always with me, Lily, a five year old plott hound rescue. This site is awesome and I definitely plan on asking loads of questions in the near future.

SuKi