Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
BayHiker
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by BayHiker » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Hey folks, I’ve lurked for a while and posted a handful of times but realized I’ve never properly introduced myself. I’m Annie, and I’m based in the SF Bay Area.

I grew up camping here in the Coast Range and did a one-night class backpack trip in elementary school, but then stuck to day hiking until a few years ago. In 2016, in desperate need of an offline vacation and given the opportunity to piggyback on a work trip to London, I did a link-up of the West Highland Way and Great Glen Way and have been hooked on backpacking ever since.

I make the occasional foray into El Dorado, Sierra, and Inyo NFs but somehow I mostly find myself going back to explore more of Yosemite. In addition to hiking I do some climbing (primarily Yosemite and Joshua Tree) and mountaineering (most recently in Mexico). I haven’t been able to get out much this year due to an injury, but next year I’m looking forward to doing more off-trail travel and getting up more of California’s 13ers and 14ers.

Hope to see y’all out there!
Last edited by BayHiker on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi BayHiker,

Welcome to HST! :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org

Lumbergh21
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:22 am

torpified wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:04 pm
I am cross country curious.
Love it! lol! I began exploring my cross country tendencies a couple of years ago, and have found that I like it for the most part. I welcome you and your writing to the group.