Non-technical peaks along HST

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
emhack
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Non-technical peaks along HST

Post by emhack »

Hi all,

Short-time lurker here. I really enjoy all of the trip reports and awesome information everyone shares on here. I will be hiking the HST trail in early-September and am hoping for suggestions, and information, regarding non-technical summits along the route, preferably class 1-3. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Eric
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Non-technical peaks along HST

Post by maverick »

Hi Eric,

Welcome to HST!

Eagle Scout Peak
Mt. Kaweah
Mt. Young
Mt. Hitchcock
Mt. Hale
Mt. Muir (most difficult, class 3)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

I'd add a few:
On the west end: Alta Peak (class 1)

Also: Mt Stewart (class 2)

and, not to forget, Mt Whitney (class 1).
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emhack
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by emhack »

Thank you both for your suggestions, I really appreciate them. I will check all of them out and hopefully add a few to the route.

Thanks again.