TR: Freel, Jobs Sister & Jobs 07/14/2017

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR: Freel, Jobs Sister & Jobs 07/14/2017

Post by SNOOOOW »

Jobs Sister Pano.jpg
I made my annual trek up Freel (10,881'), Jobs Sister (10,823') and Jobs (10,633') this past week with a co worker who had only been up Freel before. For those that don't know, these peaks are 3 of the 4 highest peaks in the Lake Tahoe basin, with Freel and Jobs Sister being #1 & #2. I always enjoy this hike as the views are great and it is a good strenuous hike. We started from the Armstrong Pass trailhead off FS road 051 and took the TRT up to the saddle below Freel and then just up Freel and traversed over to the other peaks and down the backside of Jobs back to the car. In total it was 8 hours exactly from car to car, kind of a long day but we weren't in a hurry and hung out on all the summits for a bit enjoying each of the views and breeze. Going from Jobs Sister to Jobs there is still some snow in the saddle there so we made a little detour up and around it. All in all it was a great day and we only saw 1 other person that day and he was just summiting Freel and going back to Tahoe. :drinkers:
Freel JS.jpg
Jobs Pano.jpg
Home.jpg
Tahoe Freel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
cefire
Topix Regular

Re: TR: Freel, Jobs Sister & Jobs 07/14/2017

Post by cefire »

Nice! Snow has been melting quickly with the recent heat.

This combo seems like a perfect trek to revisit each year :thumbsup:
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert

Re: TR: Freel, Jobs Sister & Jobs 07/14/2017

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

Nice report. I'm going to try and check this out later this summer.
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.