LL Beans Gives Lifetime Return Policy The Boot

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

LL Beans Gives Lifetime Return Policy The Boot

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
mrphil
Topix Regular

Re: LL Beans Gives Lifetime Return Policy The Boot

Post by mrphil »

Just like REI, Backcountry, and just about every other major online retailer. People really abused the hell out of generous lifetime return policies with every scam and illegitimate angle imaginable. Put 500 miles on a pair of boots, oh they didn't last forever and it's covered, so return them for a new pair. Yay! New gear for nothing! Really ruined it for those of us that had legitimate problems that we just wanted to take care of fairly and honestly, but that just happened to occur a little later on in the realistic life expectancy of the product. It's still pretty fair, but it's also a sad sign of the times in how conniving and wrongly entitled some people have become.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Re: LL Beans Gives Lifetime Return Policy The Boot

Post by fishmonger »

I never returned anything but one pair of defective boots (came apart after 100 miles). I also never bought anything from LL Bean.

There are some that feel cheated:

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/02/14/ ... cy-change/