US Made Gear

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

US Made Gear

Post by oldhikerQ »

Due to my need for organization, i was looking for an external pocket for my Osprey Aether Pro. The Osprey offerings of a detachable crampon pocket (too small) and or detachable day pack (too big) just didn't cut it of me. So i inquired with John Campbell at Alpine Luddites from whom i had purchased a reproduction Chouinard blag crag day pack previously. He worked with me to modify an existing piece (Avy pocket) that is offered on his site. After trading a few emails, all was set. I got my pocket in a few weeks, and it is truly a thing of beauty. It is made of 500 Denier Black Cordura with Spectra yarns (UHWMP) and has a pair of small daisy chains so i can loop a cord through to dry clothes while i'm on the move. All of the inside seams are taped and it has a waterproof zipper to boot. The attachments were made to correspond exactly to my packs configuration.
If you are looking for a bomber day pack, alpine pack, or need something custom for you bag, i highly recommend John.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
John Harper
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: US Made Gear

Post by John Harper »

Wow, looks like top quality work.

John