Big Agnes Customer Support

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Big Agnes Customer Support

Post by gary c. »

After 7-8 years of use my Big Agnes sleeping pad became my loaner when I purchased a Neo Air pad which it has been for the last 5yrs. Last summer while my grandson was using the BA Insulated Air Core pad on our trip it developed a slow leak. Several weeks ago I decided to find the leak and patch it. I found out that it was leaking around where the valve is laminated to the pad.
I called BA and told the lady that I wanted to see about getting my pad repaired. I didn't even ask about the warranty. I bought the bag in 2007 and figured that I've got my monies worth. She said no problem and that they would would replace it under their lifetime warranty/repair guaranty. I didn't even have to send it in or pay for the shipping. Just emailed a picture of my pad after cutting off the valve and a new 2020 model showed up at my house a week later. Can't say enough about Big Agnes's customer service.

"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Big Agnes Customer Support

Post by austex »

Awesome Gary. Good things happen to good people by said same....
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

Gotta love and support companies that stand behind their products. I had the almost exact same experience with my Exped Downmat sleeping pad and they sent me a new one after sending them a photo of the problem.
-------------
Dave | flickr
kpeter
Topix Fanatic

Post by kpeter »

I had a similar great experience with Big Agnes. They replaced my 10 year old Seedhouse 2 with a brand new one rather than fix the zippers, which I was prepared to pay them to do. For the cost of shipping my old tent to them and the new tent back to me. I could hardly believe it.
freestone
Topix Expert

Post by freestone »

And no item is too small. They sent me a new string of MtnGlo lights, my old one had a short in it.

Same experience with Exped, my pillow and UL Syn mat had blown baffles and all got replaced with new products, no questions asked, no receipts either.

I think they can do this because it's all made in China for pennies, whereas the onshore cottage industries might not be so generous.
Short cuts make long delays. JRR Tolkien