LA to Minarets Ride

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

LA to Minarets Ride

Post by maverick »

One of our members (Scott aka Lurch), would like to participate in the search for Matthew Greene, he is inquiring about whether anyone else will be coming from the LA area, and would like to share a ride. If you are planning to participate (9/10-9/15), please give us a heads up. Thanks :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Lurch
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Re: LA to Minarets Ride

Post by Lurch »

Just to clarify, I can drive just looking to split gas and breakup the 6 hour ride and I can only go from the 10th to the 13th.
Last edited by Lurch on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: LA to Minarets Ride

Post by Jimr »

I'll be leaving from El Segundo at noon on 9/9 and returning 9/15. Planning on hitting Mammoth around 5 or 6pm on the 9th. I plan on stay overnight at the New Shady Rest campground. If you're coming up on the 9th and I have a spot, the welcome mat will be out for others to share the spot.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.