Reds Meadow Road 2017

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Reds Meadow Road 2017

Post by maverick »

Inyo NF:
Curious about the snow levels along the Reds Meadow Road? Here are is photo from the Minaret Vista entrance station taken 5/17/17. Yes, it was snowing that day as well. Right now, there is no estimated date for the road to open.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Reds Meadow Road 2017

Post by gary c. »

Spring is sure late to the mountains this year.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Reds Meadow Road 2017

Post by maverick »

Inyo NF site now shows Reds Meadow Road and Minaret Fall Campgrounds opening dates as 7/15.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org