Taboose Pass trailhead

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Taboose Pass trailhead

Post by Wandering Daisy »

The Inyo FS website does not list Taboose Pass TH. Has anyone been there recently. Can a passenger car with moderately good clearance get to the trailhead?
Kurt3
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Taboose Pass trailhead

Post by Kurt3 »

I just drove up there this weekend. Road is in bad shape with lots of rocks. My Cadillac STS made it and I saw another low clearance car at the TH but it was not fun. The first mile of dirt is easy then it gets challenging. From the campground turnoff to the trailhead took me 40mins on the way up and 55 mins on the descent. Bottomed out on rocks a couple times and had to be real careful with my lines. A high clearance vehicle would have a much easier time but would still have to drive pretty slow because of all the rocks.

The worst part is the last mile or so. Woulda been faster to walk but there are few pullouts. For a passenger car Id recommend stopping here and then just walking.

37.0093241, -118.3129353
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Taboose Pass trailhead

Post by tomba »

Thank you. That's quite useful information. Welcome to HST.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.