Aramark dropped the Tuolumne-Tioga Pass shuttle, again!

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Aramark dropped the Tuolumne-Tioga Pass shuttle, again!

Post by wildhiker »

Did a trip Aug 28 - Sep 2 where I started at the Mono Pass/Parker Pass trailhead (between Tuolumne Meadows and Tioga Pass), ended at Tuolumne Meadows and then planned to catch the Tuolumne Shuttle run from the lodge back up to the Mono/Parker Pass trailhead to retrieve my car. Despite the fact that this shuttle service is heavily advertised on the concessionaire and Park Service websites, and despite the fact that the bus stop sign at Tuolumne Lodge clearly showed the route and prices, this shuttle is NOT running, and apparently has not been running since at least mid-August. When the local Tuolumne shuttle bus (that goes west to Olmstead Point) came in to the lodge at 3 pm (supposed time for the shuttle up toward Tioga Pass), I talked to the driver who confirmed that Aramark dropped this second shuttle east to Tioga Pass because it couldn't get enough drivers. He complained that the drivers were so overworked that he didn't even have time to fix the sign! Park Service website still shows this shuttle run 4 times a day as of 9/9/18: https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tmbus.htm

I ended up hitchhiking back to my car. So annoying that this very useful shuttle service, which operated reliably (and free) under the previous concessionaire for perhaps two decades, is now subject to these arbitrary and unannounced cessations of service.

-Phil
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Re: Aramark dropped the Tuolumne-Tioga Pass shuttle, again!

Post by LMBSGV »

Since Aramark is in trouble with Yosemite over the shuttle service (or rather lack of adequate service), I hope you let Mike Reynolds know about this. The more concrete specific complaints he receives, the more pressure he can put on Aramark to improve service.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic

Post by wildhiker »

Who is Mike Reynolds, and how do I contact him?
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Mike Reynolds is the Superintendent of Yosemite. In other words, he's the boss. Here's the address:

Michael Reynolds
Superintendent
Yosemite National Park
PO Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com