Saddlebag Lake Ferry active?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Iriscaddis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Saddlebag Lake Ferry active?

Post by Iriscaddis »

Just checking. I know the resort has closed and assume the ferry is as well but worth the ask. Maybe someone is trying to make a few extra bucks during this crazy COVID-19. Thanks
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Saddlebag Lake Ferry active?

Post by maverick »

Saddlebag Lake Resort:
Yes the WATER TAXI is OPEN. FACE MASKS are required. Currently CASH ONLY. We're working to stabilize staffing & scheduling and bring credit card abilities online, but it's safe to assume that it will run on the 1/2 hour at least 6 days a week from 8:00AM-6:30PM x 7 DAYS A WEEK through August. Please check back here for any day-off announcements and general revisions. Thanks
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
GriffHiker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by GriffHiker »

We took the Saddlebag Lake Ferry the weekend of July 11th. They were running their full schedule and were pretty busy. Super friendly people. Masks are required and remember that it is cash only!
Iriscaddis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Iriscaddis »

That’s is fantastic. Thank you all for the reply.