Parking for Reds Meadow

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
ioana
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Parking for Reds Meadow

Post by ioana »

We have a week long backpacking trip coming up in August, more or less starting and ending at Reds Meadow.
I can't figure out if we are allowed to drive in before 7am and park in the lot just outside the park, or if there is paid parking for backpackers at Reds, or if we are allowed to park overnight (for the entire week) at the Adventure Center and take the shuttle.
Willing to go with any of the options, just want the car to still be there when we return :D

Can anybody certify to what the rules are for this summer?
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Parking for Reds Meadow

Post by c9h13no3 »

ioana wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:18 pm We have a week long backpacking trip coming up in August, more or less starting and ending at Reds Meadow.
I can't figure out if we are allowed to drive in before 7am and park in the lot just outside the park, or if there is paid parking for backpackers at Reds, or if we are allowed to park overnight (for the entire week) at the Adventure Center and take the shuttle.
Willing to go with any of the options, just want the car to still be there when we return :D

Can anybody certify to what the rules are for this summer?
Parking along the road to the Adventure Center and taking the bus will work. Not sure about Reds, but I've also parked at Agnew with my park pass hanging from my mirror, no issues. YMMV.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Parking for Reds Meadow

Post by Gazelle »

there is overnight parking at devils postpile but is alittle further from the trail. If you go before 7am you can drive down.
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein