Free Tripod on Mt Agassiz

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Hagbeard
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Free Tripod on Mt Agassiz

Post by Hagbeard »

Slik tripod modified with a mini-ball head, ARCA-Swiss plate, and a Manfrotto smartphone clamp. Likely separated itself from my pack near the summit on Saturday 21 August 2021 around 11:40am. Please give it a good home, I'm not going back up there to get it!
erutan
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Free Tripod on Mt Agassiz

Post by erutan »

Bonus non BPA-Free Tall Nalgene Giveaway:

If you want to drop/wade into the gorge past the pond below Lake Helen ~11,280 ft (37.12220, -118.65342) it's yours. I spotted it when hopping off trail to check out the falls, pondered if I could get it without having to wade then decided it wasn't worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gogd
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Free Tripod on Mt Agassiz

Post by Gogd »

Cammenga Model 27 lensatic compass, left <20' from edge of Moon Lake (lake is on the bench, south of the head of French Canyon). The compass is laying out in the open, on the short grass "beach" where the map shows the trail close to the shoreline. Worth the trip for a pretty place to picnic and fish.
Ed
I like soloing with friends.