SIERRA INSPIRATION PHOTOTHON!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: SIERRA INSPIRATION PHOTOTHON!

Post by Harlen »

Gazelle writes:
Not sure why turned sideways ?
Were you lying down when you took the photo?
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

thanks
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Post by bobby49 »

Many of the old cameras had no orientation sensors, so the natural view of the photo can come out wrong. Most newer cameras have orientation sensors, and they encode that information into the digital image file. Unfortunately, Apple products encode that information in a proprietary manner, so the Apple user sees it as expected, but a generic non-Apple user sees it in a random orientation which may be wrong.
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

100_0035.jpg
If you look close you'll find a dog in the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
O. Mykiss
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by O. Mykiss »

OK, I'm a newbie, just signed on to try to research which lakes have had trout removed for the sake of the yellow legged frog. Let's see if I can post a picture I took here:
This is South Lake, in the Dinkey Lakes Wilderness, taken first thing in the morning:

Hey! success!
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

O. Mykiss wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:52 pm OK, I'm a newbie, just signed on to try to research which lakes have had trout removed for the sake of the yellow legged frog. Let's see if I can post a picture I took here:
This is South Lake, in the Dinkey Lakes Wilderness, taken first thing in the morning:

Hey! success!
Not seeing the image - editing your link in the quoted text I saw the URL pretty much ends after .jpg and that seems to work here:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bef1 ... 02_s_2.jpg

fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Kuna Crest from the approach to Parker Pass. Annotated with peak names on the flickr page linked from the title and image

Kuna Crest overview
O. Mykiss
Topix Novice

Post by O. Mykiss »

fishmonger wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 am Kuna Crest from the approach to Parker Pass. Annotated with peak names on the flickr page linked from the title and image

Kuna Crest overview
OK, I can see it on my screen, you can't see it on yours. What else do I need to do then?
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

O. Mykiss wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:39 pm
OK, I can see it on my screen, you can't see it on yours. What else do I need to do then?
your link to the image includes some strange additional stuff no web browser will know what to do with, unless you have some sort of plugin from wherever you are hosting this. Totally non-standard stuff. I bold faced below what I chopped off to make it work. Note I had to add an _ underscore at the front so this text would show as plain text in this message. you use the https:// string up to the .jpg and that's all it takes.

"_https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bef1e4_c0ecf08729e8418e8d7e1914f987b7d6~mv2_d_3773_2302_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_1262,h_774,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/South%20Laker2.webp"
O. Mykiss
Topix Novice

Post by O. Mykiss »

OK, thanks. That makes sense. I copied the URL from a website I created. I need to use a photo hosting site instead. Odd it looked fine on my computer