Wilderness Studies

How do you prepare for the rigorous physical requirements of high elevation adventure? Strength and endurance are key, but are only part of a more complex equation. How do you prepare for changes in altitude, exposure, diet, etc.? How do you mentally prepare? Learn from others and share what you know about training in advance for outdoor adventures.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Wilderness Studies

Post by maverick »

Great Tollermom! Hope this allows you to gain more confidence, which in turn allows
you to expand you limits when in comes to backpacking or any other outdoor adventures!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
CAchief
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Wilderness Studies

Post by CAchief »

I searched this topic for info on the REI course to see if it would be worth it. It would be a couple hour drive for me. Seems like you didn't think much of it!

I wish the comm. college here (San Luis Obispo) Would offer such a course.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk