Looking up your previous posts

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Looking up your previous posts

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I am wondering if I posted a report of an old trip (1990's) in the "beyond sierra" section. Is there a way I can get a list of all my previous trip-reports only in this sub forum? I cannot remember the exact title I would have used in order to do a word search.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: Looking up your previous posts

Post by The Other Tom »

Have you tried going to the "quick links" at the top left of the page? You can then click on "your posts" and enter some key words for searching.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Harlen »

This has come up before. It would really be great to be able to organize trip reports in creative ways. Is there any way to allow us to access the posts within the "your posts" area? We could then place our own trip reports all together in chronological order, organize other TR's and posts by region, topic, etc...

I am definitely not the computer literate sort of person to do it, and don't know the difficulty involved, but I would be very happy to kick in some money to help pay for some skillful person's time and effort.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

WD =

If you go to "Your Profile" then select "User Posts", then look for the little gear icon in the upper left. Clicking on it will allow you to select a sub forum (and other features) to find a post.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

What I normally do is open "My Posts" then I use the "Search These Results" cell using key words from the post I am looking for to narrow it down
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Gary- that worked very well! Thanks