Hunting Forum

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Hunting Forum

Post by rlown »

Eric,

Is a hunting forum something you'd ever entertain on this site? We have a fishing forum, so just asking if you'd consider it. Most of the Sierra is open to hunting as well.

Russ
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Hunting Forum

Post by maverick »

Hey Russ,

What's wrong with members posting hunting relate issues/info in the "Other Wicked
Sierra Nevada Sports" forum?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I'm not against that but I'd like to hear from other members.

russ
Rockchucker
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Rockchucker »

I like the idea! More hike oriented, outdoor conscious, sub forum that focus on harvesting of game. :thumbsup:
I'm no suture for my future.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

maverick wrote:Hey Russ,

What's wrong with members posting hunting relate issues/info in the "Other Wicked
I would point out that the term "Wicked" might have some negative connotations. Hunting to some might not be wicked.

russ
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

rlown wrote:
maverick wrote:Hey Russ,

I would point out that the term "Wicked" might have some negative connotations. Hunting to some might not be wicked.

russ
Hunting is not a wicked sport in my book. At least in CA you have to hike/track and or sit on a ridge with binoculars to find deer. In TX I'm a bit ashamed to say they have feeders all year ; then sit in there tree stands or elevated blinds and blast bambi and call it sport.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

To be honest, not really interested in the idea. Sorry.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix