photo posting help

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

photo posting help

Post by paul »

Having issues with posting photos. I have read the whole photo posting tutorial post. I have posted photos in the past. But now I can't seem to make it work. photos are on Flickr. Have tried copying and pasting the URL in between the rimg tags; "grabbing" the html (and also the link) via the flckr drop-down menu and pasting that between the rimg tags; none of that works, what I get instead of an image in the post is the word "image" in the post which acts as a link to my image on flickr. What am I doing wrong?
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: photo posting help

Post by Shawn »

There is probably an easier way, but ..........

In flickr, when you select a photo to view you'll notice some icons in the lower right corner. One of them looks like an arrow coming out of a box and when you hover your mouse pointer over it it says 'more ways to share.

Selecting the HTML/BBCode from the options provides the link to the .jpg itself. You'll have to actually cut the link, ending in .jpg from the code.

For example, here's an image based on the code (with extra quotes so you can see the code).

paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by paul »

Thanks, Shawn - that worked. And yes, there must be an easier way or at least there must have been one previously since I know it wasn't this hard when I posted photos in the past - though maybe it's just changes on the Flickr end.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Although not easier I go to what ever size image you want which will be a factor when someone clicks the image you post and then right click and go to properties and the link is there.