Logo Suggestions, New Ideas

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Logo Suggestions, New Ideas

Post by Hikin Mike »

ERIC wrote:Here's another mock-up that I received. It arrived after I'd already contracted what we have now. Still not what we want (I don't think) but gives an example of what I mean by logo (small scale) and logo plus text (large scale). Plus, the logo itself is somewhat distinguishable.
You definitely need a distinguishable logo....that's the purpose. It needs to look "outdoors" too me.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

rlown wrote:banners and bumper stickers? you have those? I could cut out the same pic from my old mouse pad and it would weigh an ounce. but that latest thing you got looks quite corporate. not saying that's good or bad.

80x80 is a silly restraint. need more info on that.
80 x 80px is the standard avatar on most forums, so not really silly. :cool:
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:banners and bumper stickers? you have those? I could cut out the same pic from my old mouse pad and it would weigh an ounce. but that latest thing you got looks quite corporate. not saying that's good or bad.
Um.. we've only had the bumper stickers for about 10 years. You all just put them on your cans. ;)

Don't focus on the look of that one, just the layout.

EDIT: Sorry for the editing of your own post, Russ. Kids in the background are pretty distracting..
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

they go on the window, proudly displayed. not on the bumper for me. but ok.. what is a banner?
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:they go on the window, proudly displayed. not on the bumper for me. but ok.. what is a banner?
You're thinking application which isn't what's meant more than a range of sizes. To shorten this discussion, just call it 300x250px. The final logo graphic will/should be vector so scaling larger shouldn't be an issue.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Eric - Scaled to 80x80
Attachments
HighSIerraTopix-80.jpg
HighSIerraTopix-80.jpg (3.13 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

OK, seeing it now. Nice, Mike. One request and then I want to hear what others have to say. Could you take a look at the mountains icon we're using for the site favicon .ico (see browser tab) and see if you could modify to something like that? Seems more in line with topography of the Sierra whereas your range looks topographically inverse to me - east to west, left to right. :p
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

ERIC wrote:OK, seeing it now. Nice, Mike. One request and then I want to hear what others have to say. Could you take a look at the mountains icon we're using for the site favicon .ico (see browser tab) and see if you could modify to something like that? Seems more in line with topography of the Sierra whereas your range looks topographically inverse to me - east to west, left to right. :p
The current favicon was the "inspiration" to the new logo. I flipped it because "HIGH" was smaller (shorter) then "SIERRA" and it looked better (if that makes sense)....too me. I'll do a few more and post them later.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

You're definitely touching on one of the biggest challenges I've run into with this site name in design - words. Three words, all about the same letter length. Three words with the third being the longest, or two words, or (fill in the blank) may have made things easier on us. Too late...
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Flipped the mountain....doesn't look too bad. Changed the fonts too.
Attachments
HighSIerraTopix-01-250.jpg
HighSIerraTopix-01-250.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 2409 times