New site glitch report

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: New site glitch report

Post by ERIC »

Yes, if anyone is experiencing problems please clear your browser cache first to see if that corrects the issue and if it doesn't then post back here with a screenshot (Ctrl+ Prnt Scrn - then paste to something like MS Paint if you don't have other graphics software). Also want to know your browser/version, screen resolution and operating system/version. Issues appear differently on various combos of browser, OS and screen resolution.

Right now major issues we're aware of include:

1) the full-size view of the HST Map is not working right
2) pagination (i.e. the page numbers for multi-page threads, etc.) needs work
3) PM post window is covering up the emoticons, links to photos and videos are acting funny.

If any other issues please post here asap.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Just posted this message, and the spacing between the words are showing up to large in the psot
but fine in the preview and the PS which was writen a few moments later is showing up fine.
Ths smiles are also showing up very unclear when trying to re-edit the post, can barely make them out.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12417&p=93288#p93288
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

maverick - please see my post above about screenshots, system info and flushing your cache. Thanks.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

This is very nit-picky with all the other stuff you have to do..

The Login/Register section has the old elements, but just "vertical" now. This used to be one line. The "|" was a demarcation line.

very nit-picky so not high priority.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.92 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
Personally, I'd like it to be one line again, but as Chrome fills in my info, I'm ok if its not.

Russ

PS: site has seemed "slower" response wise today. Not sure why.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

The site seems much slower today for me also.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
RichardCullip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by RichardCullip »

I'm not really excited about the amount of white space ("wasted" screen real estate) in the new layout. On my Windows 7 Laptop, which admittedly has limited vertical resolution, I need to scroll down to see anything of value. It's a bit frustrating to have to scroll down past a sparsely populated page to get to the list of topics. I would much prefer that the menu and navigation stuff be condensed down into a much more compact layout that would let me see more without having to scroll down. I'm currently running IE 11.0 and my screen resolution is 1366x768. Here's a picture to illustrate (almost all of the topics are off the bottom of the page and out of view)

copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Full size map should be semi-functional again. Sorry about that...please let us know if you experience any more problems.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Experiencing very slow upload times, about 8 to 10 sec between pages. Mac OSX 10.7.5, cache flushed, Firefox, and 1920x1080 resolution.

PS It took 52 sec from clicking on edit to get to this page again to write this up.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Like Russ and Mav, I'm experiencing much slower response times to load a page.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Jimr wrote:Like Russ and Mav, I'm experiencing much slower response times to load a page.
Working on it.