New Feature: Friends & Foes Lists

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

New Feature: Friends & Foes Lists

Post by ERIC »

Friends & Foes lists - a newly added/activated feature.
Explanation here: faq.php#f6r0
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: New Feature: Friends & Foes Lists

Post by rlown »

I read the FAQ. I'm struggling with the benefit. Does that mean you cannot see posts from your "foes" so you post blindly without seeing what they posted, cuz that would just be wrong (haven't tried the foe list yet).

So, I just added some people to the friends list to see what changes. I think it's a really bad feature for this community. Read everything or skip the posts you don't want to read.

Russ
ERIC

Re: New Feature: Friends & Foes Lists

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:Read everything or skip the posts you don't want to read.
That's what it's for. Foes posts are hidden (i.e. "skip the posts you don't want to read") and friends posts are more easily accessible but all posts sands foes posts remain just as accessible as before.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix