- A PM has been received
- An announcement has been made by HST moderators or admin.
- A post has been made to a topic on your watch list
- A post of yours has been quoted
- When you have been 'tagged' within a post. Tagging occurs when another user has preceded your username with the '@' symbol within their post. (e.g. @copeg wrote this post). Please note that usernames containing non-alphanumeric characters must be wrapped in single quotes for the notification to function correctly (e.g. @'user name', @'user.name', @'user?name', etc...).
Notifications are accessible via the 'bell icon' in the main menu (to the left of 'Home' - on mobile devices they will be first within the menu when expanded) - the number of new notifications visible in red above. When scrolled over, the drop down menu will list the notifications - posts and private messages can be viewed by clicking the appropriate link in the menu. You can also remove of each notification individually by clicking the 'x' to the right of the notification, or remove all notifications by clicking the trash icon at the base of the drop down (see note below).
Please keep in mind that:
- At most, only the newest 25 notifications are displayed - to view more, newer notifications should be individually removed and page refreshed (note that clicking the trash icon will remove all notifications, not just those visible).
- While notifications will work for content created via Tapatalk, notifications cannot be viewed within the app itself.
Of course, comments and suggestions are always welcome and can be posted in the corresponding thread in Technical Problems, Questions, and Suggestions.