Reconn Form PDF

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Reconn Form PDF

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote:That cleanup is automated, and i don't run it every day. no reason to. The problem is still the Zip.
Not sure what your automated cleanup is, but 2013, '14 and early '15 relics exposed. Nuff said. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Randyhol
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by Randyhol »

Just discovered this form. Great tool. Downloaded and opened for me without issue. Mac via Firefox.

Is there any way to expand the PDF form's personal data fields (height, weight, eyes, hair) to fit data for 2 people? I'd like the form to cover me and my wife in a single document.

Thanks.
Randy Holliday
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Randy,

You can write in the information or put a slash between the information, use a colored (red) pen for you wife's information. The form was intended for each individual backpacker to fill one out, in case member/s of a the group plan to split up along the way to do a different route.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Randyhol
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by Randyhol »

Apologies since my question was not clear. Ideally I'd like to have all data in a given form field (e.g. the individual height or weight for me and my wife) show in full when the document is printed. As it is now, a form with more data than shows on the electronic version shows a + symbol which replicates on the printed version. I can't find a way to change font size via Adobe Reader to squeeze stuff in to the presized text box. Not a big deal at all. I can simply pen these couple personal variable in on any print version once the rest of the information is completed for any trip where wife and I will stay together. Thanks again for this most useful tool!!
Randy Holliday
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Let me see if that is something that can be easily implemented or not, will update here. Thanks
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org