Can't stay logged in

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
BigMan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Can't stay logged in

Post by BigMan »

I often have to re-log in several times a day, even during the same session (I just had to log-in twice during one minute spent in entirely in one thread).

I've tried checking the "log on each visit" box but that does nothing for me.

I'm using Safari 8.0.7 and have it set to allow cookies.

(It's particularly frustrating because, after logging back in, the site doesn't take me to the original page I was viewing.)

Any ideas?

Geoff
In wilderness lies the hope of the world.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Can't stay logged in

Post by maverick »

Hi Geoff,

Bear with us, Eric or Copeg will be able to help you with this issue once they check the boards, thanks.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Can't stay logged in

Post by copeg »

Hi Geoff
Try clearing the website data in your browser: go to the Safari -> Preferences menu and choose the Privacy tab. Click the details button and select all items containing the url highsierratopix.com. Click remove. (described in more detail here). You will need to login again after this is complete. Let us know if this has any affect.
Greg