Site layout broken

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Teresa Gergen
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Site layout broken

Post by Teresa Gergen »

Last edited by Teresa Gergen on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Great! Glad we were able to work though that issue. Thank you for that final screenshot. Very helpful.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Teresa Gergen
Topix Regular

Post by Teresa Gergen »

Last edited by Teresa Gergen on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

problem is resolved on all my browsers. Cannot replicate those screenshots on Server2008R2 any longer.

When loading a page like this, these are the only errors that remain

Still getting endless exceptions in the debugger console while typing, but clearly, it's working and not a critical error affecting the site. Whatever you did, thanks!

Peter
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

fishmonger wrote:When loading a page like this, these are the only errors that remain
Oddly enough, I think it's pretty common for dynamic pages to have at least some errors. For example, go to your Gmail Inbox and debug it. :p

This has been and continues to be a pretty valuable exercise, however. Ironing out a number of (mostly minor) issues that were likely never resolved after the site remodel in addition to some of the new issues that popped up as a result of the server migration.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

I'm on tapatalk and the site's not working for me. I try to connect to the server and I keep getting the message "network error, please try again. (get_config)" Running Android 4.0.4 and the newest Tapatalk version available. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but nothing changed.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Hmmm.. I'll take a look.