When selecting a thread response, have it open in a new tab

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

When selecting a thread response, have it open in a new tab

Post by rlown »

"When selecting a thread response, have it open in a new tab"

I believe it's been asked before, but it's very helpful. I can manage the tabs better than using the back button. Other sites like igHome do this religiously.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: When selecting a thread response, have it open in a new

Post by gary c. »

I second that request.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

If you middle click the scroll wheel it will open any link in a new tab. I do that on most forums.
-------------
Dave | flickr
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

What other comparable forums offer that kind of feature (I don't consider igHome to be comp.)? If there's an example I can look into it but I've found nothing online so far for the forum software we use.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I've enabled Quick Reply at the bottom of each thread.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

played with the quick reply. couldn't find another phpbb forum that implemented the "open in new tab" without mod. I know at work our systems almost always open new tabs so you can keep context by just deleting anything new that popped up that are no longer needed.

No pressure to change what is here now; was more of a question. I can live with a right click, open in a new tab for copy paste from multiple items.