Javascript errors on viewtopix.php and viewforum.php?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Javascript errors on viewtopix.php and viewforum.php?

Post by SteveB »

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing it, but I'm getting Javascript errors ('blockedReferred' is undefined) on the viewforum.php and viewtopic.php pages. I'm using IE build 6.0.3790.

Just FYI...
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Not seeing this on Firefox.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

No problems here, either. I use both Firefox and IE 7. Sounds to me like a temporary glitch, or maybe you have javascript disabled? And it's strange that the error would only occur on those two pages; the only javascript I can think of is the nav menu on the main banner - which is on every page... :-k

Was this a one time thing, or are you continuing to experience this problem? If so, can you send me a screenshot of the problem via email?
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Nope, it happens on every single page; I just mentioned those two because it was expedicious. ;) And Javascript is enabled (I'm buildin web applications on a daily basis, so Javascript must be enabled). I'm sure it's probably part of some header that's common to every page load. Doesn't happen under Vista (IE7.whatever). Been doing it for a couple months...
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

I'm sure it's due to the drop-down nav bar embeded in the header; but you're the first person I've come across who's had this problem.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

Steve - I too have this problem from my home computer - but not from work computer
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

It could be that other folks have the IE error popup disabled (the first time a javascript error occurs, the user has the option to block all further notifications). You'll still get the alert icon in the lower left hand corner of the IE status bar, but the popup won't show up anymore. Definately an issue with IE6 javascript; it appears on every IE6 I pull up the website on.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

By the way, just loaded the site on my new Vista laptop with IE7.0.6000, and Yes, the error is still there. Check out the warning icon on the lower left hand corner of the page right next to "Done"; double-click it.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Again, please send me a screenshot since I cannot duplicate this error on my end.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Couldn't find your email addy, so this'll have to do. Line numbers obviously changes on every page, but error is the same. I pulled this one up on my IE7/XP/Pro box at work, so it's definately there in IE7.